Technologies advance at a rapid pace, spawning more and more forms of entertainment and bringing them right to players’ homes. Not too long ago, about 20 years back, hardly anyone could have imagined that casino games would invade their mobile devices and make gambling widely accessible, wherever you are and whenever you want. As for now, various forms of online games of chance are available on your iPhones and all Android-powered devices.
When speaking about Roulette, it’s a casino game that annually draws millions of punters to online gambling venues to try their luck and even fate. According to recent research, the lion’s share of players prefers playing mobile roulette to PC roulette, claiming that the mobile version is far more convenient and gives them constant access to the game.
How To Play Mobile Roulette
If you decide to play at a mobile casino, it’s essential for you to know the basic structure of mobile roulette as well as how to bet properly. To begin with, roulette is a game entirely based on luck, as opposed to Poker or Blackjack, which requires a great deal of skill to win. The game consists of a table (the place where you place bets) and a wheel (shows you the outcome of your wagers) with the numbers from zero (or two zeros in American Roulette) to 36.
Mobile Roulette offers you two ways to place bets: on inside bets and outside bets. If you place inside bets, you wager money on separate pockets, or small groups of numbers, whereas outside bets allow you to wager money on huge sectors as follows:
- Red or Black. You can place bets on either Red or Black numbers;
- Odd or Even. You can place bets on either Odd or Even numbers on the wheel;
- Columns. You can place bets on the numbers either 1 to 12 or 13 to 24 or 25 to 36.
- High-low (1 to 18; 19 to 36). Place bets on the numbers either from 1 to 18 or from 19 to 36.
Note that the more numbers are involved in your bet, the lower the winning odds are.
Roulette Game Payouts
Prior to betting inside or outside, let’s find out what the Roulette payouts are.
- Straight Bet. When the entire world is against you and you want to prove it being wrong, you can place a Straight Bet, i.e. wager money on a single number. The payout, in this case, will be 35 to 1, while the chances to get a win amount to 1 to 37.
- Split Bet. This type of bet is for the less risky gamblers, though still desperate ones. Split Bet is a wager placed on two numbers, and the payout is 17 to 1. To place this bet you should lay out your chips on the line that separates two numbers.
- Street Bet. Street Bet is placed on any three numbers on the wheel and pays out 11 to 1. The chips should be laid out on the line that separates inside and outside bets.
- Corner Bet (aka Square Bet). A Square Bet is placed on four numbers and pays out 8 to 1. You should lay out your chips on the center of any square that has four numbers.
- Red or Black; Even or Odd; High-Low. All these wagers pay out 1 to 1.
- Columns Bets. Pay 2 to 1.
Mobile Roulette vs Live Roulette
Just like any other casino table game, Roulette — be it French or American or European Roulette — draws lots of spectators to the table, which usually puts the player under pressure. The audience laughs, screams, and celebrates one’s victories, and this, in turn, can make the player feel uncomfortable, especially as for introverts. When you play online mobile roulette games, you’re completely focused on the gaming process and nothing can divert your attention from the game.
It becomes even worse when you lose at a land-based casino. You may sense disappointments coming from the audience, which may subconsciously compel you to recoup your loss by placing one more bet (even if you didn’t plan to do it before). Once again, when playing online roulette on your mobile device, you won’t experience either of the situations listed above.
Mobile Roulette vs PC Roulette
The main advantage of online mobile roulette over the PC version is that you have constant access to your favorite game. You’re not tied to your PC and can play from any place that has a good Internet connection. In addition, when playing online roulette on your smartphone or tablet, you can enjoy all the benefits of compact screens and high graphics.
Why Mobile Roulette Is So Popular?
As mentioned above, mobile Roulette is among those casino games that do not require any skill or knowledge to play. As such, it is widely recognized as a fun game, the outcome of which entirely depends on luck. Apart from being entertaining, Roulette provides you with tremendous wins, accounting for up to 35 times your wager.